All of the food grown in the Faith & Grace Garden is donated to feed local hungry people.
Last fall we doubled the size of the garden from one acre to two acres.
In 2023, our hope is to double the amount of organic fruits and vegetables we donate each year. Last year we donated 17,000 pounds. In 2023 we aim to donate over 30,000 pounds of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables to local food pantries.
Planting Time Continues in the Garden
Last week we planted 300 pounds of seed potatoes, 3,000 onion sets, and rows of lettuce and cabbage.
This week we will finish planting lettuce and cabbage and start planting broccoli, cauliflower, and kale.
Here is how you can help in the garden:
We heard you, NEW Garden Volunteers Times/Dates:
Tuesday evenings and cooler morning times in mid-summer
Regular volunteer hours for individuals and small groups:
- Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 11:00 am through June 2
- Monday through Friday 8 am – 10 am from June 5 – September 15
- Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 11:00 am from September 18 through October 27
- Tuesday evenings 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm starting May 2 through August 22
- Tuesday evenings 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm from August 29 through October 24
No experience necessary. Bring a hat, water bottle, and garden gloves if you have them. Wear clothes that can get dirty and hard-soled shoes. Sunscreen is a good idea as is bug repellant later in the season.
To volunteer during our regular volunteer hours please sign-up here.
Large groups volunteer by appointment. School, church, civic, and corporate groups are always welcome in the garden by appointment. Contact Tim Goldman at email@example.com to volunteer as fits your schedule.